Today's OOTD collab features this ADORABLE Marvel skirt from Hot Topic.
Friday, August 16, 2013
Today's OOTD collab features this ADORABLE Marvel skirt from Hot Topic.
Thursday, April 25, 2013
After being caught at five or so traffic lights we arrived. Nia, Desiree, and I set out to grab a bite to eat. After little discussion we found ourselves at Boloccos. I was very impressed with the speedy service and just how amazing their burritos tasted. If you are ever near a Bolocos I strongy urge you to order a meat-free Teriyaki burrito. Yum!
With our full stomachs we set out to do a little photoshooting. We decided to put down the cameras about an hour later after I couldn't resist the local Starbucks any longer. I strayed from my usual Soy Green Tea Frap and ordered a Passion Fruit Tea. Next time I'll stick with my Green Tea Frap.
Us girls continued investing Church Street and that is when we stumbled upon street musician, Will Overman. Not only was he talented but his fashion sense was incredible. After tipping and listening we asked if we could photograph and feature him on the blog. He accepted and I proceeded to photograph him as he serenaded everyone.
We ended our day with delicious Green Tea Ice Cream from Dobra Tea and another round of Will Overman. I think I even have a small tan from spending the day out in the sun. Wishful thinking. Enjoy these pictures of Will Overman and check out the link to his facebook below. Besos xoxo --jade.
Tuesday, April 23, 2013
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
Monday, April 8, 2013
Jade's wearing a cute black floral romper and a blue jacket with a lace back from DEBshops, and I'm wearing a black floral romper as well. It also has a lace back, as well as a cut out. I bought it at DEBshops!
Show us your favourite summer look by tagging @foodfashionfragrance on Instagram!
The hipsters we notice on Church Street(I hope that was a joke)
and the ever gorgeous Lights
Who inspires you? Let us know and feel free to IG your favourite outfits and we'll notice you. Remember to tag @foodfragrancefashion.
Monday, April 1, 2013
Saturday, March 30, 2013
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
(If you are easily offended by supporters of same-sex marriage I advise you to stop reading now)
I grew up in a very accepting family. Both Desiree and I grew up in Vermont in a tiny town that is very supportive of Gay Rights. So to me Marriage Equality is something that should have never been an issue. Being Gay isn't wrong and marrying the one you love isn't either. So why are people treating it as such? Loving someone of the same gender isn't wrong. Don't ever let someone tell you that you aren't normal. To those who feel so strongly against Marriage Equality, all I have to wonder is why? Them getting married won't ruin this sacred tradition marriage holds. It won't destroy your marriage or hinder your life. Don't expect them to respect you if you don't respect them. Also, Jesus didn't hate Gays.
Since I get so heated up about this topic I asked Desiree how she felt. This is what she had to say: "I believe in marriage equality for all. Love is love. If you aren't gay, gay marriage doesn't affect you. It's their life; don't make it harder for them than it already is. If you disapprove of it because of religious reasons, keep your mouth shut, because it doesn't affect you if they love another person of the same sex; and Jesus loved everyone."
There you have it, folks. This is how us at FoodFragranceFashion feel about same-sex marriage. Let us know how you feel by leaving a comment below!
Monday, March 25, 2013
I'm here today to talk about body positivity. The media encourages us to be as thin as possible, then turns right around and says if you don't have curves, you can't be a real woman. This is untrue. All women are real women regardless of whatever "false" parts they have. This hopefully doesn't come across as too much of a shock. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. Cliché, I know, but it's true. There will always be people who find you desirable, and there will also always be people who don't find you attractive. You can never ever please everyone, so don't spread yourself thin trying to. If you are unhappy with your body, never resort to starving yourself or forcing yourself to throw up/use laxatives. Working out and eating healthily will help you feel better about yourself by boosting both your metabolism and the chemicals in your brain that control happiness. Eating disorders are serious. They ruin your body and your health. Your family will be shattered. Your friends will blame themselves. If you go on any website or blog that is pro-anorexia or pro-bulimia, immediately stop going there. The images are harmful and untrue. Don't fall into a disease the creators of those images don't even have. Be yourself. Be happy. Be healthy. Hell, sometimes I wish I looked like Scarlett Johansson (make that always), but we don't have the same body type. I am not as curvy as she is, and that is something I can't change. I have my own curves on my own body to work with, and once I realized that I could never look like anyone whose body shape I didn't have, I became a happier, more positive person. If you have a person whose body you want yours to be similar as, make sure they're healthy and that they have the same body shape as you (apple, pear, hourglass, ruler, etc.). Never even think about harming yourself in order to reach your goal weight. You're worth so much more than that.
Thursday, March 21, 2013
So without further ado I present to you Jade and Desiree's Top 12 Roll Your Windows Down and Blast It Jams
1) Go To Hell by Go Radio
2) So Obvious by Runner Runner
So I HAD to add a Runner Runner song to my list. Anyone who rides in my car knows that I never take this CD out. I have a phenomenal friendship with these guys and this song is just fun. It can be categorized as a love song but it's not a sappy one. The perfect summer jam.
3) Lost In Stereo by All Time Low
This song just begs to be blasted. Easily my favourite ATL track to jam out to on this beautiful summer days
4) Hurricane by Chris Wallace
I loved Chris in The White Tie Affair so of course I would enjoy him as a solo artist. This is another one of those great breakup and moving on tracks. Plays this fullblast.
5) Siren On The 101 by Over It
Perfect driving song! Though I may not be blasting this on the 101 my friend Peter is singing about, I am blasting it on my own 101. Not to mention Over It is just my favourite.
and last but certainly not least *cue drum roll*
6) Ocean Avenue by Yellowcard
This song needs no description. 'nuff said.
Take it away Dezz!
1. Kids In Love by Mayday Parade
is such a summery song (cheesy, right?) that is best listened to with your windows rolled down while driving on the interstate. The lyrics talk about a failed teenage love that's full of regret and miscommunication. So good.
2.Get Down On Your Knees And Tell Me You Love Me by All Time Low
is the perfect song to sing while shamelessly trashing your ex in your head. I've had the pleasure of seeing ATL twice, and their live perfomances are incredible. These boys didn't disappoint me, and I know they won't let you down, either.
3. Reckless by You Me At Six
just gives off a total "I don't give a fuck" vibe, which I totally identify with. It's a carefree kind of song that just goes hand in hand with summer.
4. A Party Song (The Walk Of Shame) by All Time Low
yet again, is such an upbeat song that kind of makes you feel invincible and ready to abandon all of your accumulated stress.
5. Weightless By All Time Low
is probably All Time Low's most popular song, and for good reason: it gives you hope. Listen for yourself, and you just might see what I mean.
6. And finally, last but not least, Hunt Hunt Hunt by There For Tomorrow rounds up my list of six!
The baseline in the song's intro is divine, the vocals are incredible, and the instrumentals themselves make you want to get up and dance.
So those are our top twelve. What're yours? Comment and let us know! And tell us if you liked our favourites! —xoxo, Desiree.
An added plus is that Bath&Body Works products do NOT test on animals.
(PS who else is obsessed with The Great Gatsby and F. Scott Fitzgerald?)
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
As a photographer I am surrounded with photogenic people. I, myself, have been told I can't take a bad picture and that I'm photogenic. Well, I can take a bad picture but as for being photogenic I believe everyone is capable.
What makes a good picture? Is it natural beauty, forced beauty, creativity, Photoshop. I'm not sure the world will ever have an answer but I believe a good picture starts with one thing.
Scrolling through my newsfeed on various social networks I'm overjoyed when I see a beautiful person smiling. Now, I'm not talking about an obvious forced and fake smile. I'm taking about a genuine smile. Smiling is the single most beautiful thing in this world and it always makes a good photograph.
Next time you are presented with a chance to be a model, smile. You'll be amazed at the pictures that will be captured.
|this is probably a favourite smiling headshot of mine|
|this is just a very simple self-portrait|
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Sometimes I'm in the mood to take a few selfies, but I never feel like putting on a bunch of makeup to smooth over my flaws. Now I don't have to, thanks to a few tips I picked up!
1. Put a thin layer of foundation on your face evenly, then set it with powder. The heavier your makeup is, the more likely it is to clog your pores, causing acne breakouts and blackheads. For ivory-skinned ladies like myself, I'd recommend CoverGirl's Clean in shade 505 (and its matching companion, CoverGirl's Clean in shade 120 Creamy Natural). You can find them in most drugstores. For an awesome under eye concealer in the same shade, I suggest CoverGirl's Fresh Complexion in the shade Classic Ivory. You can find it in most drugstores.
2. Apply a light coat of eyeshadow that's complimentary to your eye colour. For blue eyes, I'd recommend a light gold or tan. For brown eyes, a light green or peach would look nice. And finally, I'd suggest a light pink shade or soft brown for green eyes. I'm a thrifty shopper, so eyeshadow brands don't hold much sway with me.
3. Choose a matte lip colour, provided it works with your skin tone. For fair skin like me, I'd suggest a nude lip or a wine colour; while for deeper tan skin, a brighter red or peach shade would look lovely.
4. Don't forget blush! My personal favourite is Maybelline's Dream Bouncy cream blush in the Blush shade. (Can you tell I'm a Maybelline girl?!) You can find it in most drugstores.
5. Apply mascara twice on each set of lashes. The colour you use depends on how light or dark your lashes naturally are. My favourite is The Colossal Volum' Express: Cat Eyes by Maybelline. This mascara has a curved wand that coats all of your lashes evenly and helps to curl them. You can find it in most drugstores.
6. This step is tricky. Eyeliner on my waterline doesn't work for me, so I found a cute alternative—my top lash line! I love liquid eyeliner. Maybelline carries my personal favourite, Master Precise in black. You can find it in most drugstores.
7. Find a good light source. Good lighting is everything. Jade and I prefer natural lighting (the sun!), but we get creative, positioning ourselves near lamps, what have you.
8. Choose an outfit you feel confident in, and finally, cheese it up! Show us your best look by tagging @foodfashionfragrance on Instagram!
Check out the photos below to see what my friends and I enjoyed from the Cafe.
|delish Maple Latte|
|Berry Munch Smoothie|
|Cranberry Almond Muffin|
|All Grilled Vegetable Panini|
Monday, March 18, 2013
1) Act calm. Don't panic because you're the only underage person in there.
2) Enjoy your surroundings. Take in the bar scene and make small talk with the bartender.
3) Observe the different drinks. You'll be 21 some day.
4) And finally just enjoy your food and remember to leave a decent tip.
Midnight Sparkle by Rue21 is my go-to scent when I want to feel sexy, but not smell like desperation. This sweet, yet musky fragrance is light and long lasting. It's only $10.00. You can find it in stores and online at http://rue21.com
Sunday, March 17, 2013
We're two fabulous ladies from the East Coast. Jade is the beautiful brunette and I'm the blue eyed girl, Desiree. Anything you ever need to know about fragrances, foods, or fashion styles, come to us! (No, really; it makes us feel important.) We'll upload our outfits and meals of the day fairly frequently, so stay tuned!