Monday, March 25, 2013

Body positivity.

I'm here today to talk about body positivity. The media encourages us to be as thin as possible, then turns right around and says if you don't have curves, you can't be a real woman. This is untrue. All women are real women regardless of whatever "false" parts they have. This hopefully doesn't come across as too much of a shock. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. Cliché, I know, but it's true. There will always be people who find you desirable, and there will also always be people who don't find you attractive. You can never ever please everyone, so don't spread yourself thin trying to. If you are unhappy with your body, never resort to starving yourself or forcing yourself to throw up/use laxatives. Working out and eating healthily will help you feel better about yourself by boosting both your metabolism and the chemicals in your brain that control happiness. Eating disorders are serious. They ruin your body and your health. Your family will be shattered. Your friends will blame themselves. If you go on any website or blog that is pro-anorexia or pro-bulimia, immediately stop going there. The images are harmful and untrue. Don't fall into a disease the creators of those images don't even have. Be yourself. Be happy. Be healthy. Hell, sometimes I wish I looked like Scarlett Johansson (make that always), but we don't have the same body type. I am not as curvy as she is, and that is something I can't change. I have my own curves on my own body to work with, and once I realized that I could never look like anyone whose body shape I didn't have, I became a happier, more positive person. If you have a person whose body you want yours to be similar as, make sure they're healthy and that they have the same body shape as you (apple, pear, hourglass, ruler, etc.). Never even think about harming yourself in order to reach your goal weight. You're worth so much more than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment