Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Marriage Equality

Hello, hello everyone. Sorry for being MIA the past few days, but I'm back and glad to see Desiree blogging about important issues. On the topic of important issues I have decided to post my thoughts about same-sex marriage.

(If you are easily offended by supporters of same-sex marriage I advise you to stop reading now)

I grew up in a very accepting family. Both Desiree and I grew up in Vermont in a tiny town that is very supportive of Gay Rights. So to me Marriage Equality is something that should have never been an issue. Being Gay isn't wrong and marrying the one you love isn't either. So why are people treating it as such? Loving someone of the same gender isn't wrong. Don't ever let someone tell you that you aren't normal. To those who feel so strongly against Marriage Equality, all I have to wonder is why? Them getting married won't ruin this sacred tradition marriage holds. It won't destroy your marriage or hinder your life. Don't expect them to respect you if you don't respect them. Also, Jesus didn't hate Gays.

Since I get so heated up about this topic I asked Desiree how she felt. This is what she had to say: "I believe in marriage equality for all. Love is love. If you aren't gay, gay marriage doesn't affect you. It's their life; don't make it harder for them than it already is. If you disapprove of it because of religious reasons, keep your mouth shut, because it doesn't affect you if they love another person of the same sex; and Jesus loved everyone."

There you have it, folks. This is how us at FoodFragranceFashion feel about same-sex marriage. Let us know how you feel by leaving a comment below!

Besos --jade

No comments:

Post a Comment