Tuesday, March 19, 2013

How to look photo ready without trying too hard.

Sometimes I'm in the mood to take a few selfies, but I never feel like putting on a bunch of makeup to smooth over my flaws. Now I don't have to, thanks to a few tips I picked up!

1. Put a thin layer of foundation on your face evenly, then set it with powder. The heavier your makeup is, the more likely it is to clog your pores, causing acne breakouts and blackheads. For ivory-skinned ladies like myself, I'd recommend CoverGirl's Clean in shade 505 (and its matching companion, CoverGirl's Clean in shade 120 Creamy Natural). You can find them in most drugstores. For an awesome under eye concealer in the same shade, I suggest CoverGirl's Fresh Complexion in the shade Classic Ivory. You can find it in most drugstores.

2. Apply a light coat of eyeshadow that's complimentary to your eye colour. For blue eyes, I'd recommend a light gold or tan. For brown eyes, a light green or peach would look nice. And finally, I'd suggest a light pink shade or soft brown for green eyes. I'm a thrifty shopper, so eyeshadow brands don't hold much sway with me.

3. Choose a matte lip colour, provided it works with your skin tone. For fair skin like me, I'd suggest a nude lip or a wine colour; while for deeper tan skin, a brighter red or peach shade would look lovely.

4. Don't forget blush! My personal favourite is Maybelline's Dream Bouncy cream blush in the Blush shade. (Can you tell I'm a Maybelline girl?!) You can find it in most drugstores.

5. Apply mascara twice on each set of lashes. The colour you use depends on how light or dark your lashes naturally are. My favourite is The Colossal Volum' Express: Cat Eyes by Maybelline. This mascara has a curved wand that coats all of your lashes evenly and helps to curl them. You can find it in most drugstores.

6. This step is tricky. Eyeliner on my waterline doesn't work for me, so I found a cute alternative—my top lash line! I love liquid eyeliner. Maybelline carries my personal favourite, Master Precise in black. You can find it in most drugstores.

7. Find a good light source. Good lighting is everything. Jade and I prefer natural lighting (the sun!), but we get creative, positioning ourselves near lamps, what have you.

8. Choose an outfit you feel confident in, and finally, cheese it up! Show us your best look by tagging @foodfashionfragrance on Instagram!

—xoxo, Desiree.

No comments:

Post a Comment