Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Photogenic

Photogenic : suitable for being photographed especially because of visual appeal <a photogenic smile>

As a photographer I am surrounded with photogenic people. I, myself, have been told I can't take a bad picture and that I'm photogenic. Well, I can take a bad picture but as for being photogenic I believe everyone is capable.

What makes a good picture? Is it natural beauty, forced beauty, creativity, Photoshop.  I'm not sure the world will ever have an answer but I believe a good picture starts with one thing. 


A Smile.


Scrolling through my newsfeed on various social networks I'm overjoyed when I see a beautiful person smiling. Now, I'm not talking about an obvious forced and fake smile. I'm taking about a genuine smile. Smiling is the single most beautiful thing in this world and it always makes a good photograph.


Next time you are presented with a chance to be a model, smile. You'll be amazed at the pictures that will be captured.



this is probably a favourite smiling headshot of mine
this is just a very simple self-portrait
xoxox- jade

No comments:

Post a Comment